There are a lot of renewable energy and energy efficiency efforts going on in other states and Puerto Rico.
Some interesting links:
- New York targets 1.5 TWh of new renewables with latest solicitation
- New York updates distributed solar tariff, clearing path for 1 GW of new generation
- Committing to climate: Transformation is underway in the US power sector
- California adopts 2030 Preferred System Portfolio with 12 GW new wind, solar, storage, geothermal
- California- The Solar Bill of Rights has been gutted
- New York allocates $280M for energy storage projects as state targets 3GW by 2030
- Chicago to install 40K LED streetlights in next phase of efficiency plan
As a point of reference the City of Mesa has about 7,500 LED streetlights as of April 2019.
Meanwhile, efforts to utilize renewable energy to restore energy services in Puerto Rico following Hurricane María have not worked as well as hoped inspite of serious efforts: