For the past decade SRP’s solar policies were designed to help increase the demand for solar and drive down costs until the solar industry could stand on its own.
- Feb. 21 Blog - Jim Arwood - The end of solar as we know it?
- Other recent blogs:
- Déjà Vu (Feb. 14, 2014)
- M-m-m-my Generation (Jan. 17, 2014)
- The Clean Energy Story of 2014: There is No Planet B (Jan. 3, 2015)
- APS Announcements for end of year 2014 (Dec. 23, 2014)
- Consider donating to AzSC for a more effective website
- Legislative Tracker for topics related to solar in Arizona (latest session ended April 23rd).
- SRP Solar Incentive Levels Announced for Fiscal Year 2015
- The Sun Day Blog by Jim Arwood on net metering hearings in November 2013: The Decision
Still dark times for solar manufacturingWritten by Phoenix Green Business Examiner
Recent solar module production capacity has been nearly twice the demand, resulting in significant overcapacity and excessive inventories. Solar manufacturers have reduced prices to record lows, often at or below the module cost of goods sold (COGS).